Kanto Rosai Hospital

Name: Japan Organization of Occupational Health and Safety , Kanto Rosai Hospital
Director General: Yuzuru Sato,MD,Ph.D
Address: 1-1 Kizukisumiyoshi-cho, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki City, Kanagawa Prefecture
Number of Beds: 610


Director: Yuzuru Sato Masahiro Ishimaru
Director General:
Yuzuru Sato,MD,Ph.D
Deputy Director General:
Masahiro Ishimaru,MD,Ph.D

Departments

Internal Medicine (Hematology, Nephrology), Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery (Sports Medicine and Orthopedics), Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Dermatology, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Rehabilitation, Radiology, Dental and Oral Surgery, Anesthesiology
* (   ) are sub-departments

History

In 1952, Kanagawa Prefecture Government and Kawasaki City Government worked to attract a public hospital to the area to provide medical care for laborers in the Tokyo-Yokohama industrial zone and to bolster regional medical care. In the following year the Ministry of Health and Welfare moved to establish a central hospital for the Kanto area: Kanto Rosai Hospital. The initial construction was completed in March 1957, and the hospital was open by June 10th of the same year. Kanto Rosai started with 100 beds and 4 departments: Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Radiology.
In 1977, a complete renovation was undertaken as part of a 6-year plan. In 1980, the Department of Sports Medicine and Orthopedics opened, followed by the Departments of Cardiology, Gastroenterology and Nephrology in 1982. In 1989, a Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) unit was installed, and an MRI/CT Scan was installed the following year. In 1993, a high-speed CT scan was introduced. A long-term plan was initiated in 1995 to make renovations and additions to the hospital. The aim was to improve medical care for laborers and to enhance acute treatment. Construction of the new hospital building was completed in December 2004. A new chapter of Kanto Rosai began with 610 beds and 22 departments and sub-departments. Kanto Rosai now serves as the major regional medical center for acute care, with the latest technology and equipment and the highly-skilled staff needed to give patients the best possible care. Kanto Rosai also collects and analyzes patient data for research into disease prevention, early detection and improved medical treatment. Kanto Rosai strives to provide the best treatment to laborers in the region.

* The Ministry of Health and Welfare is now the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare

Date
Event
Remarks
1956.11.1
Office for establishing Kanto Rosai Hospital opened
Rosai Kyokai
1957.4.26
Departments of Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Radiology approved
Ministry of Health and Welfare (MHW) *
1957.4.26
Use of 100 beds approved
MHW
1957.11.14
Use of 200 beds approved
MHW
1958.1.1
Nursing care standards approvedl
Governor of Kanagawa
1958.5.29

Departments of Neurology, Dermatology, Urology, Ophthalmology、Ear, Nose and Throat and Dental Medicine approved

MHW
1958.10.1
Approval of nursing care, food service and bed standards in accordance with the Social Insurance Medical Payment Point scheme
Governor of Kanagawa

1959.1.28

Use of 501 beds approved
MHW
1961.5.10
Dedication of the Kanto Rosai Nursing School
1961.9.25
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology approved
MHW
1961.10.18
Nursing School designation approved
MHW
1961.12.4
Adoption of ‘General Hospital’ title approved
MHW
1962.7.16
Establishment of clinical laboratory approved
Labour Welfare Corp
1963.4.1
Departments of Neurosurgery and Anesthesiology approved
MHW
1963.5.30
Use of 511 beds approved
MHW
1968.2.1
Department of Physical Medicine approved
MHW
1968.5.6
Use of 561 beds approved
MHW
1968.9.1
Department of Neurology approved
Labour Welfare Corp (Dissolved 1974.6.30)
1968.12.16
Department of Pediatrics approved
MHW
1969.7.1
Department of Plastic Surgery approved
Labour Welfare Corp.
1972.5.30
Use of 606 beds approved
MHW
1974.2.1
Orthopedic Surgery Functional Training Standards passed
Governor of Kanagawa
1982.4.20
Use of 660 beds approved
MHW
1984.3.30
Designated as a clinical training hospital in accordance with Article 16, Paragraph 2, Item 1 of the Medical Practitioners Law
MHW
1986.4.1
Healthcare Center opened
1990.5.1
Department of Psychiatry approved
MHW
1992.4.1
Approved as a general rehabilitation facility
Governor of Kanagawa
1997.4
Groundbreaking for new construction and renovations
1999.12
Designated as a clinical training hospital (for foreign doctors)
2002.10
Certified by the Japan Council for Quality Health Care
General Hospital Type B
2004.4
Labour Welfare Corporation becomes Japan Labour Health and Welfare Organization
2004.12
New main wing complete
2004.3.31
Kanto Rosai Nursing School closed
2005.1
Use of 610 beds approved
2006.9.27
Certified as a Community Healthcare Support Center
Governor of Kanagawa